This Policy applies to all persons, whether a natural or juristic person to whom the personal information relates, whose personal information we collect is defined by POPIA. Furthermore, it applies to all personal information, whether it was provided to us through our website, or through any other form of communication such as email, telephone, or any other channel.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information we collect about you is dependent on:
- The channel used to communicate and interact with us;
- The reason you are communicating/interacting with us;
- The transaction you are completing.
Amongst others, we collect your Personal Information when you:
- browse, visit or interact with us in our various channels;
- complete forms, sign up for an account, or subscribe or register to access or use our services
- purchase, return, or exchange products from us;
- make general inquiries, lodge complaints, and communicate with us;
- voluntarily provide us with information for example when you send us online inquiries, or you subscribe to or consent to receive newsletters or other communications from us;
- respond to a survey or marketing communication.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We do not store credit card information.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
We use a Let’s Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We limit the use and disclosure of personal information to include only what is permitted and prescribed in terms of POPIA or any other applicable laws or in instances where consumers have consented to such collection, use, and disclosure.
Confidentiality of your Personal Information is important to us. Unless we have your consent or permitted under the national laws, we will not sell, rent or lease your Personal Information to others.
Compliance with laws and regulations.
We may only access, use and/or disclose your Personal Information without your consent in exceptional circumstances.
These include circumstances where we believe such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law or legal process served on us;
- comply with requests for information from police or government authorities;
- protect and defend our rights or property (including the enforcement of our agreements);
- protect the public interest;
- act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our employees or members of the public;
- where applicable, with your implied consent; and
- to the extent permitted or required in terms of the POPIA and other relevant national legislation.
DO WE USE ‘COOKIES’?
A “cookie” is also set on your computer to allow us to recognize you whenever you visit and collect information, like the pages you visit and the preferences you choose. We use the information we collect for basic website operational purposes, statistical purposes and to study how our site is used so that we may improve and enhance your experience on the site. We may provide such information collected to outside service providers located overseas for such purposes. No personal information is stored in cookies. It is possible for you not to accept our cookies while using our site by setting the preference in your web browser.
We use Google Analytics and/or other similar analytical tools to obtain information collected in order to display, optimize and personalize the user experience on our web and digital properties.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
• We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICES
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
To be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breaches occur, we will notify you via email within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only those individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
We have deployed firewall & antivirus on our website, and secure physical storage of your records where applicable.
Should you have any issues with the way in which we are processing your personal information, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
+27 21 701 3999
Steenberg Office Park
Cape Town, 7945